We are thrilled to announce the sale of YN 19480 – Project Cosmos – an 80.07-metre all-aluminium FDHF motoryacht for delivery in April 2022.
This is the second contract sealed by the pioneering Dutch shipyard in 2018, reaffirming the positive trend that began last year with the sale of no less than six yachts. Project Cosmos is the largest yacht to date to be built by Heesen, and follows on from its existing major triumphs in the 60-metre plus market segment with the revolutionary 65-metre Galactica Star in 2013, the iconic 70-metre Galactica Super Nova in 2016, and its recent accomplishment, 60-metre Project Falcon.
At 80.07 metres, 1,700GT and with a top speed of 29 knots, Project Cosmos will be the world’s largest and fastest full-aluminium motoryacht with conventional propeller propulsion system. Thanks to the revolutionary FDHF devised by van Oossanen and four MTU 20V diesel engines, Project Cosmos will continue Heesen’s long-standing tradition of pushing the boundaries with head-turning yacht design, smart technology, and outstanding performance.
Winch Design was appointed by the owners to create a streamlined yacht with innovative design traits but still retaining the Heesen DNA: muscular sportiness and timeless elegance. The extensive use of glass and the combination of soft and sculpted shapes make Project Cosmos a yacht packed full of contemporary charm; a thoroughbred racehorse, the next evolution of the Heesen breed.
Some of the most notable features on board Project Cosmos will be:
- the fully-rated helicopter landing pad for a Eurocopter EC135 that transforms into an outdoor cinema with stunning effect
- the crystal elevator from the lower deck to the sun deck for chic accessibility
- the breath-taking seven-metre pool with contra-jets for swimming, paired with a waterfall and glass bottom
- the sumptuous beach club with a sunken walk-around bar and large transom and side platforms
- the full-custom limousine tender by Winch Design, oozing sophistication
- the forward tender garage
Twelve guests will be accommodated in four well-appointed suites on the lower deck, a VIP with adjacent private studio on the bridge deck, and the striking master stateroom on the main deck forward. Nineteen crew in eleven cabins will be able to discretely service the guests.
The technical and technological complexity of Project Cosmos will once again raise the bar in yacht building, confirming that Heesen occupies a stronghold among the top tier of Northern European superyacht builders.